Monday, July 9, 2012

Got H.E.A.R.T. ?


What lies at the  H.E.A.R.T. of things...


Welcome to my first-ever "blog" to start the new school year!!  With only a few short weeks left of summer vacation, I am piling on the school projects and feverishly trying to accomplish WAY more than I can possibly get done!!!  (But we all know how that is, now don't we!)  Scatterbrained as ever, here is my thought of the day:


Do you have H.E.A.R.T. ?

That's my acronym for highly-effective and reciprocal teaching!  



This is my 11th year of teaching first grade and boy do I want to have H.E.A.R.T.!  I want to share an inspirational video that I found on YouTube regarding highly effective teaching practices and reciprocal teaching in the classroom.  It's METACOGNITION in ACTION!  This kindergarten teacher does an amazing job with reading strategies and has given me a great deal of inspiration and ideas for this upcoming school year!    GRAB that LATTE' and ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover