Saturday, September 8, 2012

Critter Cafe Mystery Box


As I launch each new strategy at the Critter Cafe, I am using Babbling Abby's Mystery Box idea to spice up the lessons!
The kids absolutely LOVE it and I definitely suggest using this adorable idea in your classroom too!  It works great for any inferring lesson!  



I usually have the Mystery Critter Box sitting out at the reading table the morning of a new strategy!  The kids are  super-excited each time they see the box because they know a new critter is coming to work at the Critter Cafe!



This was an orange NIKE shoe box that I spray painted white and black!




Extra animal print fabric, left over from the chairs, made a nice flooring in the box!


Introducing Cross-Checking Cheetah on Day 1 of Cross Checking!


This was the launch of Metacognition: Making Predictions & Connections.
The three Super Reader posters were our "clues" to what strategy and critter it was! 




All these items were inside the box underneath Meerkat the Connector for us to practice throughout the week!
In addition to my Critter Cafe materials, you see Metacognition Thinking stems from One Extra Degree,
and Text to Self CCSS cards from Anne Bradley!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to find your blog! I saw a comment you made on TpT on Jen Jones (Hello Literacy) and came to check you out! What a great blog you have going!!! I'm your newest follower. :-)

    I'm having a Thirty One giveaway on my blog - would love it if you took a peek!

    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!
      So nice to meet you! And thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog! I am hopping over to yours right now to check out this awesome giveaway your having!!!

      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover