Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Moonlit Hallow's Eve

Did you notice the moods this week were, how shall I say, "spirited?"  I was also being attacked by this luring spirit, so what does a teacher do to get back on track?
One word: ART
Roll out the butcher paper and roll up them sleeves. 



Time to release those spooky behaviors into a Halloween abstract painting that is sure to catch your eye!  I remembered seeing a beautiful Halloween project over at Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips..

  

I could not find the crafty little haunted houses to go with the project, but after all was said and done, I think the paintings express EXACTLY what the kids were feeling at that time...  Take a peek at our debut of "A Moonlit Hallow's Eve".  On exhibit now, at a hallway near you!  

PS~ The kids would tell you that our inspiration was Eric Carle and Van Gogh. Can you spot both techniques?






















































Materials:
tempera paint
8 x 14 white construction paper
Black poster-size construction paper for backing
Black Sharpies for spooky figure silhouettes 
Gold Sharpies for the little artist signatures

6 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely beautiful and creepy all at the same time. I love them!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I just posted up the source for my work Check out my blog for the link to another great Art Teaching blog.
    Sandra

    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out beautifully Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how these turned out! They are beautifully unique! Thanks for sharing. I'm your newest follower. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. We did a similar project in class this week.
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover