Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Here's to YOU!

What an amazing year it has been so far!  I couldn't be more thrilled to be a first grade teacher than I am right at this moment!  I think this means I am going to TOOT that HORN, but WOW!  My little babies are doing so nicely this year!  30 days in and the sense of teamwork and family and togetherness is really palpable!  Gives me goosebumps!  I praise the power of, (hands swaying up and down) Whole Brain Teaching!  I am brand-spanking new with it this year and WOW!  All that comes to mind is BAZINGA!  and, "Why didn't I think of that before?"  The Daily 5 is bubbling with feverish excitement and the Critter Cafe is by far, AWESOME! I am looking at my kids with a whole new set of lenses this year and it is with humble gratitude to the talented and brilliant teachers (insert a photo of you here) who have solidified my desire to reshape my teaching practices and quite frankly, cut right to the CORE of things!  
(Give me an AMEN for that WOWZA of a run-on sentence!)

I was a late bloomer, in Blogger Land, and this past year has been the best teaching year because of it!    The creativity, passion, and kindness of other teachers around the country and WORLD is awe-inspiring!  By opening your hearts and sharing your classroom ideas has motivated me BEYOND belief.  All of those "things" I wanted to do someday, are now happening in REAL TIME! Talk about keeping your Dear Teacher Happy!!  I am loving this!

In my classroom, today is called Thoughtful Thursday.  
Everyone gives an extra compliment or random act of sweetness...
So in keeping with that special tradition, let me express to all my Teacher Peeps around the world of BLOG, my heartfelt thanks!
I sing your praises for being an incredible voice of knowledge & ideas, not to mention, a visionary of craftiness & design.


You are AMAZING!

Now go out there and have a FABULOUSLY WONDERFUL DAY!

(insert heart),
Julie



6 comments:

  1. Julie-we are Whole Brain Believers too and Love love love it! We couldn't agree more with how our year is starting. Can I get an AMEN! (Ok I have just totally jinxed us-we are certainly doomed now!). We are seeing things slowly falling into place and are ecstatic! Congrats to the start of your year!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinxed??? Us? Never! We've got WBT to keep us sane! (Or we just look forward to the weekend! (wink, wink!)

      Have a wonderful Friday Christy and Tammy!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well. It makes getting up in the morning a whole lot easier, huh? Thanks for sharing your success with us today!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And THANK YOU Tammy for being such an inspiration!
      Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. Hi new friend!! I'm your newest follower. You have such fun energy! I just found you --- YAY! I have gone from 20 to 30 students in a class and Whole Brain Teaching is what has saved me from wanting to run away and cry. LOL
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky!
      It is so nice to meet you! Thank you so much for stopping by! You have such a clever blog title! Well Done on that one! I am hopping on over your blog now!!
      Have a spectacular Friday!

      Delete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover