Thursday, November 1, 2012

Election Day: The First Grade Way!

I plan on having some fun election activities on Monday for the kiddos!  Students do not have school on Tuesday so hopefully we can get in some great lessons!
Scholastic Book Club is one of my favorite resources. (I probably should have stock in the company!)
Last week, I placed an online order and I had my books within just a few short days.  Take a peek at my great buys!

The Ballot Box and Stickers are from Scholastic.  The stove hat is from Really Good Stuff.  The yellow voting forms are copied from this month's Weekly Readers.



Bought this last year.  Great Election Kit for Grades 1 through 3


With last month's purchases, I received this coupon for FREE ELECTION Kit that is NEW this year.


Voting Stickers and Nomination Forms.


Great anchor text for the students narrative writing piece: 
"If I Were President"


Here's our fantastic Weekly Reader!


Freebie From Scholastic

Another Freebie from Scholastic


Pinterest has a "Hats Off to our Presidents" door display.  I think I may use these old campaign hats just for that purpose!


I have saved a copy of my Elections Week agenda on Google Docs so please click here if you are interested!  My pinterest board "Election Day" also has many great ideas and sites posted!

Happy Voting,
Julie

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my little 'ole blog. I'm always excited to find other first grade blogs out there. I love getting new ideas from fellow bloggers. I just started blogging this past summer, so this is all new to me. I am one of your newest followers now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinna!
      So glad you stopped by! I too started my blog in July and have so much to learn! Thanks for becoming a follower and I am heading over to your blog to read your newest post!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have lots of great resources for the election!! I just found your blog and am your newest follower.
    Connie Anderson:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Connie for stopping by! It is a pleasure to meet you!
      I look forward to being fellow followers and stalking buddies!
      Have a wonderful week!
      Julie

      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover