Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey Linky Party

                                        

My Rowdy in First Grade friend  reminded me to join Gina at Beach, Sand and Lesson Plans who is hosting a "Let's Talk Turkey Linky Party!"  How could I possibly pass this up?  Let me share just a few of my favorites, old and new, for the grand finale week before Thanksgiving!

1.  My favorite Anchor texts:  
       Of course, I couldn't pick just one...or two.  In first grade, we do
     a table full of good books! YAY!  I would definitely suggest
      "The First Strawberries" if your looking for something sweet to 
     add to your collection! 


2.  Scholastic Weekly Reader:  
     I love my weekly Scholastic News!  One of my favorite ways to 
     incorporate informational texts each week!  The included lesson
     plan has CCSS laid out, great comprehension activities, and the
     kids' favorite-- Interactive Website Edition. YAY!




3.  Cross-Curricular Activities:
     
Tunstall's Teaching Tibits was so gracious this Thanksgiving!
She has this AMAZING freebie to offer us! Click here to check out her awesome post on Thanksgiving!
From this packet, my class will be doing the story books, Needs and Wants, and the I Am Thankful writing activity.
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH Reagan!







Can't wait to try Rikki's Roll a Turkey next week!  My kids LOVE dice games!  Thanks Rikki for a fantastic freebie!
Teach123 has another fantastic freebie called Thanksgiving Fun.  My kids will have so much fun, thank you!


How stinkin' cute are these Turkeys?
I can't image all the fun turkey ideas my kids
will have making this project!
 Thank you KindergartenMonkeyBusiness for a stellar art project!

4.  Note of Thanks:
     I always like to send a little note home with the kids telling them
     how very much I appreciate thier effort, kindness, and courage 
     to take new risks in first grade.  I hit the jackpot this year with 
     these adorable thank you notes, free from Erica Bohrer.  Much 
     love Erica for such sweet notes!  My kids are sure to love them!


Thank you for stopping by and hopefully you found something fun to add to your Turkey Day collection!

T-minus ?? to Thanksgiving break... HOORAY!
Julie

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Erica,
      Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your family is making a speedy recovering after hurricane Sandy. Your community is in my prayers!
      Happy Thanksgiving,
      Julie

      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  2. Thank you for linking up! What a wonderful post filled with wonderful ideas! I had a hard time picking my favorite books too! I should have taken a picture of all of them! I teach 3rd but I love learning from my firstie friends!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina,
      Your compliments are contagious! Thank you so much! I look forward to following you and please keep those linky parties coming!
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  3. Found you at Beach Sand and Lesson Plan's linky party. I have yet to hear of the First Strawberries. I can't wait to check it out!!
    - Laura
    http://bedrestedteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura,
      Thank you for taking time to comment and stop by my blog! I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoy the book choice! There are so many for the holidays, but I always have my stash of favorites!
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. Thank YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SHOUT OUT!! You're so kind!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rikki,
      It was my pleasure to SHOUT OUT such a fabulous unit! I am happy to be new blogging friends and look forward to sharing new & improved teaching ideas together!
      Happy Thanksgiving!
      Julie

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover