Monday, December 10, 2012

12 in 12 Linky

How could I possibly resist a sweet Christmas LINKY from a Teeny Tiny Teacher?  Hadar and Kristin are hosting their second annual holiday get together and I am very happy to join in and add some Christmas Cheer!

12.  Favorite Movie You Watched:
Twilight Series


11.  Favorite TV Series
Dallas.  Now let me say that when I was little, I wasn't allowed to watch Dallas.  After the Dukes of Hazzard aired at 8:00pm, I was rushed off to bed by 9 when Dallas started.  My Mom was a fan.  It wasn't until 7 or 8 years ago, I purchased Season 1 BOX SET and that was all she wrote!  I now own all 14 seasons!  My heart broke many times over after hearing of Larry Hagman's passing last month .  LONG LIVE JR EWING!

10.  Favorite Restaurant:
Front of the restaurant
DiBenedetto's Italian Bistro
121 S. Main Street
Bowling Green, Ohio
This was the special place where I met the LOVE of my LIFE for the very first time!
(Oh, and PS: He owns the restaurant!)

9.  Favorite NEW thing I tried:
Why BLOGGING of course!  I had to find a way to keep up with all these amazing teachers and their fabulous ideas!  I am still green thumbs but truly enjoy being apart of such a sweet blogging family!

8.  Favorite Gift You Received:
I think this year, I received many little gifts from my family and friends that truly filled my heart with joy.  Special notes, cards, and keepsakes from my loved ones telling me that I was doing a good job!

7.  Favorite Thing You Pinned:
My First Grade Art BOARD on Pinterest is HUGE!  LOVE all things ARTSY!  Especially that fabulous Christmas trees my little darlings just finished!

6.  Favorite Blog Post:
Who's New at the Critter Cafe?
I was so happy with the confirmations and assurances from fellow teachers and blogging buddies after posts like this one about my new Critter Cafe in first grade!

5. Favorite Accomplishment:
Being nominated as this year's PRESIDENT of the Toledo Area Council of the International Reading Association. We are a local affiliate of the IRA.  Our organization is non-profit and we help to promote literacy throughout out the surrounding areas by hosting events that foster a love for reading!
I am truly honored by this distinction!  
Pictured with Best-selling children's author Denise Brennan-Nelson

4.  Favorite Picture:
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!"  
I take that saying very seriously!
Ziplining in Hocking Hills, Ohio last summer!

3.  Favorite Memory:
My brother's wedding and having a wonderful celebration with my family!  
My Dad, Mom, brother Jason, and Me!

 My Mom won BEST DRESS of the evening in her HIGH Fashion Ensemble!

2. Goal for 2013
Sleep more, Complain less, Simplify, Love unconditionally.

1.  One Little Word:
Love.
"Love bears all things,
Believes all things, 
Endures all things.
Love NEVER fails."
Corinthians 13.4

Happy Holidays my dear friends!
xoxoxo,
Julie

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I just LOVE my blinkie that you made! Makes me happy!
      You are a treasure!
      Happy Holidays!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. I love your zip lining picture, so much fun. Thanks for stopping by my 12 in 12!
    Dynelle

    First Grade Fun with Mrs. Dunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dynelle!
      Happy Holidays!
      Julie

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this. I'm sure that as soon as I see it, your favorite movie will be my favorite movie.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My response to this is LONG so I am heading over to your blog instead! HUGS my friend!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. Hey Julie! I loved reading your 12 in 12. Those little Christmas trees were sooo cute. I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to check out my blog, too!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I am happy that you found me and I am heading over to your blog next!
      Happy Holidays!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
    2. Hey Julie, I got your comment...You found my google plus account. You can find my blog at carolinakteacher.blogspot.com Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie,
    I actually visit my parents (near Bowling Green) on a regular basis. Maybe we'll try your favorite restaurant! :)
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly,
      That is so ironic that your folks live close to BG! You will definitely have to stop and have dinner at the restaurant! You will be glad that you did! Open 4:30 daily, Closed Sundays!!
      Thank you so much for visiting the Critter Cafe!
      Happy Holidays!
      Julie

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen the new Twilight movie yet. (Love the books!) That church your brother was married in looks amazingly beautiful by the way!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy for stopping by and reading for a few!
      I just sent you an email!
      Enjoy your Friday!
      HOORAY!
      Julie

      Delete
  7. I love your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Come check it out!

    Mandi
    MOORE Fun In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mandi for stopping by the Critter Cafe!
      I won the award back in July but thank you so much for nomination!
      Happy Holidays!
      Julie

      Delete
  8. Love this whole post! Your husband you look so cute together!
    :)

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irene,
      You are so sweet for the compliment, thank you so much! I just sent you an email! Your Candy Canes Investigations unit is WONDERFUL! Thank you!
      Julie

      Delete
  9. Thank you for following my blog! Your blog is adorable and pink is my signature color too! :) Enjoy the iphone wallpapers! xo - Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin!
      I am thrilled that you are following the Critter Cafe! Thank you so much! I am LOVING your freebies and hope to make a few purchases over the holiday break!
      Merry Christmas!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover