Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 5: Cookie Case..Solved? and our December Delights!

"December Delight" 
What an easy art project to do with the kiddies!  Took about an hour and 10 minutes. I will let the pictures do the talking!












As many of you know, this is our 3rd project using these whimsical trees.  I think it's turning into a lovely first grade tradition in Room 102!   I found another google image that helped our brainstorming session.  We used Crayola Chalk on 12 x 18 blue construction paper.  Illustrate, Laminate, Decorate the Halls!  Easy Peasy!

I would also like to share some other fantastic Holiday projects popping up around our building!  Let me begin with Abby, who was inspired by Pinterest for her AMAZING door display!

Then we have our Title 1 teacher who did a marvelous job on her GINGIE-inspired door!

Our principal invited all students to help create a Christmas Tree in the hallway entrance.  Made entirely from green hand-prints and personalized ornaments!

Our third graders made these awesome Santa Clauses!



Next we have Mrs. D's 5th graders who created these holiday symbols using a technique called "Quilling."
(I had to write that down so I wouldn't forget!)

 Then outside her classroom door is this LOVELY
 Christmas College!

We will end the tour back in the first grade wing where my two teaching partners shared my joy for Gingie and had their students design these cute Gingerbread Friends!  I just LOVE the hair!



And for those of you that are still with me; 
The kiddos walked in this morning to find this huge present sitting on the chair left by our missing friend Gingie!
 

Gingie left us GINGERBREAD craft kits, Candy Canes, Little Debbie Christmas Gingerbread Cookies, and each student gets a paper copy of the Gingerbread Man book to take home with them!  HOORAY!
 For Science, we experimented with States of Matter using our Gingerbread cookie and marshmallows.  What will happen when the cookie gets wet?  How long before the marshmallow melts and sinks?  hehehe!  Such fun!  
Abby Mullens has the free Gingerbread Science sheet on her blog!
 
 Unfortunately, later in the day, the local Police Department called the Principal and reported that they were in HOT pursuit of The Gingerbread Man who was running into the local grocery store!   Aw, shucks, he got away!  Until next year...!

If you made it this far, I HEART you for it!  Thank you and have a great weekend!  I am off to a Christmas party! :)  YAY!

8 comments:

  1. We used Abby's science experiment today also! Kids loved it!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the trees (and those gingerbread people too!)!! What a simple project with such beautiful results! I'm pinning your trees. Thanks for sharing!

    Rozana
    ARTventurous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your students' trees came out great and I love that you showed us all the decorations around your school! You work with such talented teachers!! I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog tonight :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Christmas tree project! I teach an after school art class and I'll be borrowing this idea next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your school is in the holiday spirit for sure. I LOVE your whimsical trees. How can I find the time to add something like that to my Christmas art collection? This is a problem!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the chalk Xmas trees! Thank you. I think I'll do that next week.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees are gorgeous! You have a great blog - I am so glad I found it! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super love the Christmas trees. It goes on my "do it next year" list!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover