Friday, December 14, 2012

Elf on the Shelf: A Week of Merry Bliss!

ALL**HAIL** RUDY!!!
This is my first year of adding the sugar and spice of the Elf on the Shelf in Room 102!  The Gingerbread unit is my favorite week in December but this is definitely turning out to be a happy second. 

Monday: The Special Package arrived!  Our principal brought down this special delivery~


A letter from Santa was attached:
click on the picture for source!

We voted on names!  Many wanted Rudolph but I explained to the kids that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer doesn't want a copy cat around the holidays, so we shortened it up and made it RUDY!

We then visited the Elf on the Shelf website and registered our Elf as RUDY!
Top 10 Elf Names

Tuesday:  Rudy taking a bubble bath!


A gift from Rudy!  The only catch?  Rudy wanted us to read it to him while he was relaxing in the tub!
   The note said:

The gift was:

Wednesday:  Rudy the Elf hiding in our recycled bird feeder!


with a note that said:

Thursday:  Roped around the front of our whiteboard with marker in hand; Rudy wrote us a message on the board that said, "I am practicing my handwriting.  What do you think?  Be good today.  He is WATCHING!"  
   Friday:  Rudy was found behind a FORT of good books surrounded by magical M&M's that spelled a message, 
"BE GOOD!"                  
Outside of Fort:

Inside:

Later in the afternoon, we returned from Music and found that Rudy had brought us the new Pete the Cat Christmas book!  How nice!


By go-home time, he surprised us again with his fast moves, and made it over to the Critter Cafe for a ride with Turtle Tunes!

I don't know about you, 
but I can't wait to see what Rudy does next week! 
 5 days to go!  Next Friday is our last day.....
 I think I can, I think I can!!!! 
xoxo,
Julie

10 comments:

  1. Julie,
    Does it feel like I copy everything you do (after you do it and share it on your wonderful blog)? Phonics Dance, Critter Cafe, Gingerbread week, and now Elf. Thanks so much for sharing. I cannot wait to do this next year.

    Have a great weekend!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyce,
      To answer your question, NOT at ALL! That's what all good teachers do- Share ideas! I am flattered that you enjoy my classroom activities so much! I think it would be so fun to teach with you. We are both eager and highly excitable teachers! We love what we do and that, in turn, is reflected on how are kids view teaching and learning! FUN, FUN, FUN!
      Have a great weekend!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. I so need to get myself an elf for next year. I'm missing out terribly!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammy, I had some major peer-pressure from the kids. They talked about it so much recently, I just couldn't pass up the chance to make the last week really fun for them! Definitely put it on your list for next year. It does help with behavior too. Rudy, our elf, is constantly reminding me in class of the "Naughty and Nice List" he is going to report back to Santa with each week! I just LOVE it!
      Julie

      Delete
  3. I do elf on the shelf at home with my kids. These are all great ideas. I like the one of him in the bubble bath. AKA: Marshmellows.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you would like to check it out.
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rikki,
      The funny part with the marshmallows.. I have used the same bag of marshmallows for like 5 activities in the past 2 weeks! Talk about recycling! But the kids have no idea so I am going to see if I can make them last for a few more days...Just so Rudy, our elf, can be found having a snowball fight with the Critters over at our CAFE!
      LOVE the ELF!
      Enjoy your weekend!
      Julie

      Delete
  4. Very cute ideas! I love the bubble bath idea! I will have to try that this week :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and reading about our week with the Elf!
      Kate, this Elf is so darn cute! It's so refreshing to see the kids so excited in the magic of it all. I am happy they still believe in the spirit of Christmas!
      Julie

      Delete
  5. That is awesome! I was laughing as I read your post! I just received an elf on the shelf for my two year old son and he doesn't really get the concept yet so I think I will bring him to school with me next week. Looks like so much fun! Happy holidays Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!
      So Happy to hear from you and I'm glad you got to read about our fun week with Rudy! Maybe next year your son will understand this little ELF tale a bit better! Honestly, I am thrilled that my kids believe so open-heartedly. It's very refreshing and keeps me in the holiday spirit!
      Have a wonderful weekend Heather!
      I will talk to you soon!
      Julie

      Delete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover