Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Currently, Day 2 with C.C.Cow, and Freebies

AHHHH, YES! My December Currently is finished and just in time for the holidays.  If you haven't done so already, stop by Farley's blog, and link up to share your December faves.    Here are a few of mine! Drum roll please......

Listening to:
   
LOVING:
My New Gingerbread Inspired Tree

New BLING topper and frilly stuff!

I just LOVE these bulbs!  (TARGET!!!)




Needing:
Bought Christmas Cards with lots of shiny sparkle and glitter!  (Hobby Lobby)
Need to personalize and get in the mail pronto!
Wedding: Wanting:
Chris's parents' celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 1.
I can't wait to share that kind of special day with this guy!
xoxo

Now it's your turn...
remember the RULE OF 3
head on over to 2 before your link and comment. Then come back and leave a comment at the 1 behind yours :)

BUT WAIT!  Still curious about C.C. the Cow?  

Day 2: The Gingerbread Boy and Girl meet 
the Critter Cafe's C.C. Cow!

Every day this week I am reading a Gingerbread story in the morning and another in the afternoon.  Today we are launching C.C. Cow (Compare/Contrast) using the Gingerbread Girl and Gingerbread Boy. (The Gingerbread Boy has the most AMAZING illustrations and is, by far, one of my favorites in the series!)



The Literacy Cafe Ready Reference Form with the how-to's of launching Compare and Contrast.

How cute is C.C. the Cow!  She is THRILLED to be analyzing two very YUMMY stories today!


Today's ART project:
Craftivity:  
My teaching mentor, Carol, made these for me a few years back.  She used felt and sequins and a cute stitch around the edges.  

Which then inspired these paper copies of the G-Kids!
We glue on paper pieces, ribbon, and glitter!  EASY, PEASY!
I  have uploaded my Gingerbread templates to Google Drive so if you are interested,
feel free to grab a copy!

Click here for the Gingerbread FACE pieces
Click here for the Gingerbread Head
Click here for the Gingerbread Girl Frame
Click here for the Gingerbread Boy Frame


You made it!  Thanks for listening, reading, and persevering through this post! 
 You're the BEST! :)

Julie

8 comments:

  1. Love your tree! Especially that blingy topper! And, the g-bread/cow thing? Sooo cute!!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is so pretty. My tree is up, but not decorated, I am ready to add the details. Great cuurently.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas tree! Those big ornaments bring back childhood memories. They're kind of old fashioned looking.
    Very cute picture of you and your hubs!

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Julie! I love your Christmas tree! I have some mini glittery ornaments just like yours. I ♥ Target! I wasn't sure which color of lights to use but after seeing your tree I'm thinking white cause it really makes the ornaments pop. Mmm, I bet your house smells amazing with that gingerbread candle! I love all things gingerbread.

    Happy to be your newest follower! :)

    Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Julie we don't know that version of the Gingerbread Boy. We're gearing up to hit in next week. Our kids are pumped (probably more so due to the fact that we are building houses on Thursday) but we'd like to think their pumped by our teaching!
    Love the sneak peeks into our homes-it's so fun to see what other people do. LOVE your tree and the topper is icing!
    ~Christy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie,
    Glad you found me! Our Elf arrived just this Monday. My kiddos cannot contain their excitement when they walk in the door and find the elf in the morning. It's hilarious to watch.
    I've never done a Gingerbread study, but I ordered some books this year and found some ginger activities on TPT!
    Happy to be your newest follower :-)
    Colleen
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I found your blog through Farley's Currently! Even though I teach upper-el, you have SO many amazing ideas for ALL grades!! By the way, I kind of LOVE your blinged out tree! ;)

    YoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that you're listening to our music. Thank you for sharing it here too. That's so very sweet of you!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover