Thursday, December 20, 2012

Parent Gift Bags: High-Flyin' Reindeer Fashion

This week is WILD with Christmas excitement!  Let me just repeat that one word... WILD!  Clip downs, clip UPS, RACK's, and a sly little guy with big ears and a red leotard is still running loose in our room!  Sound familiar to any you?  Well here is a quick peek at some of my favorite things we have accomplished so far this week!
We are reading this NEW delight-

We are writing:

Parent Christmas Cards from my old trusty 
TEACHER'S FRIEND book.
Each child gets one of each card to make for 2 family members.

 We are crafting:
Gingie ornaments for parent gifts.  
 Sets of 12 were CHEAP from Oriental Trading!
Stick on pieces-NO GLUE!  YAY!

 MUCHO GRANDE BULBS!
Our Big Bulb ornaments were inspired by
First Grade Blue Skies!  So thankful for Jennifer's great ideas!

During Thanksgiving break, I found a GEM from LIV to TEACH--  Reindeer Gift Bags, free on TPT!  Olivia, thank you so much for a great project! Now I will tell you that I could never attempt this project alone.  I hired one parent volunteer and she worked on these bags in her spare time.  When the bags returned to school, we painted faces and added red glitter for the nose!
 How cute!
All of our parent gifts, cards, and special mementos from December were nestled in the bag and stuffed with tissue paper.





My Gift to my Sweeties:
The HAPPY teacher used her bonus points from Scholastic and bought students the newest version of The Gingerbread Man!
I wrapped the books in our leftover GINGIE paper (from our hallway G-House project!)
Top off with candy canes and a Christmas letter from the teacher!
The paper is so stinkin cute!
Totally works with our Critter Cafe theme this year!
(Hobby Lobby, 24 pack)
For a copy of the teacher letter template, click on this picture!

Our last day of school is tomorrow!  YAY!
Check in then for the final wrap up of this week's adventures with Rudy, our ELF!

***HUGS*** 
Julie

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the shout out! They turned out great!
    Love those bags!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thank you so much for stopping by the Critter Cafe! Stop back soon!
      Have a very, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  2. Those reindeer bags are awesome. Great that everything fits in it, that is definitely a bonus on the day before vacation.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alyce!
      Have a very Merry Christmas with your family!
      HUGS!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kimberly,
      I am delighted to have you as my newest follower! Thank you so much for joining the Critter Cafe! Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  4. Julie,
    I emailed you earlier this week... you are my 50 Follower winner! Check your email so I can send you your prize... hopefully my email went through ;-)
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colleen,
      I emailed you back! So excited to be your 50th winner! YAY! Just in case, my working email is juliemarciniak@rocketmail.com.
      Have a very Merry Christmas!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  5. Your reindeer bags are too cute!! Where did you find the cute Santa is Coming to Ohio book?!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate for commenting! I bought the Santa comes to OHIO book at Barnes and Noble. Used my teacher discount card and picked it up for cheap! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
    2. Nice! I will have to look for it! Merry Christmas!

      ~Kate

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your break! (Your Rudolph bags are very cute.)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy!
      I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas with your family!
      Enjoy the much-needed break!
      Happy New Year!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  7. I LOVE those reindeer gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara!
      I hope you are enjoying our break and having a wonderful Christmas with your family!
      Happy New Year!
      Julie
      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  8. Your reindeer gift bags turned out so cute! I'm totally going to do that next year!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gift bags has different design. Nice collection.

    Gift Bags and Boxes

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover