Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Currently: A Must Read ENGAGEMENT!

Happy New Year to you!  I am just getting back behind the computer after 10 days of merry bliss!  I must warn you that this post is filled with a ton of LOVE and HAPPINESS so please read on and share the joy of the new year with me!  Let's start with my January Currently (graciously hosted by Farley at 
Oh Boy 4th Grade)


For those of you happy hearts (like me) who want to hear the Engagement details....read on!    I do better with pictures AND words so here we go!  On Christmas morning, under the Christmas tree, was a beautiful Gold envelope with this card inside-
Out fell an envelope and inside was this gift certificate good for one ENGAGEMENT session at a local photo studio! 
 In the midst of my teary eyes and udder SHOCK, 
I look up and this guy-
 was holding this ring-
 asking me to marry him!
Oh,
My,
Word!
I'm ENGAGED!  YAY!!!!  Now the story keeps getting better...
He tells me that the band was not his first pick.  There is another band, and if I should agree, is waiting to be custom-designed to my choosing!  So of course I ask to take a look at what the designer is thinking and he shows me this:

 Can I get an OH YEAH!!!  The beautiful ending to this fabulous engagement story is that the engagement stone is his Mother's from almost 50 years ago....  (How thoughtful is my new mother-in-law-to-be?!)  We are going to have that centered in the band.  Then, my amazing Mother graciously gave me my Grandmother's cocktail ring with many little stones in it.  We are having those stones added to the band so both families will be together as ONE.  My DREAM Ring from my DREAM guy!
Oh, did I mention I celebrated my birthday this week and the Dream Guy surprised me with NAGOYA and some hibachi grill goodness!  This cook was awesome!   

 My sweet cousin Ashley flew all the way from Houston 
to celebrate with us!
  And for dessert: Chocolate Chip cookie cake that ends with 
"Mrs. DiBenedetto"  (I really like the sound of that!)
Thank you so much for reading and celebrating with me!  Happy New Year my friends!!!
xoxoxo,
Julie

18 comments:

  1. I loved your happy story. A huge congratulations, Julie. The ring is going to be beautiful! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I am giving you a big hug as we speak for leaving such sweetness for me! Thank you for celebrating this magical time with me!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Super huge congratulations heading your way! Amazing story, so happy for you. Gorgeous ring, and so many special people included. Happy new year my dear friend.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Julie! Will you be getting married in that beautiful Catholic church where your brother got married? I can't wait for pictures. I'm getting ahead of myself, I know. Anyway, I'm thrilled for you.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I am so happy for you Julie! Congratulations and may your future together bring you both much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy news! Congratulations on your engagement! I wish you a lifetime of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! The custom band is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing the story! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such a precious story!!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story! You had me in happy tears. I am glad to be your newest buddy here in blog land. Congrats on your engagement and I hope you have a blast planning that wedding!

    faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Julie! The ring is gorgeous and I love the way you are combining stones from both sides of the family! Oh my...how precious and sentimental is that! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see pictures as you continue to plan your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your ring is going to be beautiful.....I love the story behind the stones in the ring. That is amazing. I look forward to hearing about your upcoming wedding!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!!! how sweet, thanks for sharing your special moment :)
    Kim
    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AWESOME story! Thanks for sharing it! I am one of your newest followers:)
    ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!!! I'm so happy and excited for you!!! Such a sweet story. This will be a Christmas that you will never forget. Congratulations and a great big hug!

    Meghan
    First Grade with a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your story made my week! Congratulations to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! And I love the ring. How special! Have y'all set a date yet?


    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover