Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Blog Design and My Secret Crush

Friends, today is a monumental day!  After 6 months of blogging, I have left the world of homemade templates, headaches about script errors, and frustrations of sad image headers that looked so dreary.  Today, I present to you the new and improved 
First Grade Critter Cafe! 
First Grade Critter Cafe
 Can you feel my LOVE!  I am actually stalking my own blog right now!  But how can you blame me...Look at all the fabulous images- the pretty fonts- and this Seusstastic blog header that finally appeals to all my senses as a first grade teacher.
Now, there was no way on this green Earth that I could have taken on this incredible task alone.  Oh, no.  I had a super power helping me!  Behind the scenes- working her magic.  With each new phase she would dazzle and delight me with her creativity and imagination. 
 I smile at the thought that she is my NEW 
super-hero crush!
Let's give a SUPER-POWER, 
Mighty OH YEAH! 
to Miss Megan 
over at
  i teach. what's Your Super Power?
Not only is she a Blogger Design Super Hero, but a wonderful new friend too!  Hands down, no, I mean Hands UP with a ten-finger WOO-HOO!  Megan, you are so incredibly awesome.  Thank you for taking my ideas and making my blog a dream come true!  
Friends, if you are in the market for a new blog design, stop hesitating and sign up now!  Megan has the Critter Cafe's stamp of approval and highest recommendation!
A Bird in Hand Blog Design

Now back to my happy dancing at 1:30 am!!! 
My friends, I can't wait to read your comments!

xoxo,

14 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The borders on the sides are simply fabulous! So glad you are so happy with it. It's like a new, shiny car!
    Now go to bed-don't you have to teach in the morning! ;)

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christy & Tammy!
      I am grinning ear to ear with this awesome new design! You are right! Shiny like a brand new....BMW!!! And no, I have a sub tomorrow for PD and the PD doesn't start until 9! YAY!! It's my lucky day! Have a great rest of your week!
      xoxo,
      Julie

      Delete
  2. Oh, Julie! It is absolutely adorable! I love love love it! I love Megan's blog and am not a bit surprised that she came up with this happy, cheery, adorable design!!!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new blog design is so pretty! I bet you want to hang out here all day! Have fun at your PD (I hope it is a good one).
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new blog design! It's so colorful and cheerful! And did I mention that I love it?!

    Bren P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the new design! Congrats! Thinking I might need a facelift too...
    Roze
    ARTventurous.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome Julie! Maybe I should get her (or someone) to design a blog for me because I can't ever make decisions about these kinds of things. So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog design! "I'm stalking my own blog right now" cracks me up!

    Congrats on your 6 month blog-a-versary!

    The Frizz

    The Frizz in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute stuff Julie! Feels like Christmas, huh? :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I'm stalking my own blog right now"
    You are too funny, it is adorable! I'm your newest follower!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, your blog definitely has the magic touch of Megan! She did my blog design, too, and I still can't believe it's mine! I love your theme, the colors and it's uniqueness in design. I'm so happy for you!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Julie! I LOVE this! It looks amazing! I'm wanting to do the same thing soon. I'm sending you an email with questions. Love, love, love!!!

    Meghan
    First Grade with a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover