Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pauly Penguin meets Grady Groundhog

Wow!  Even after more weather delays this week, my first graders were zooming along and learning all about the Bossy R and The Motorcycle Trio...They met Grady, the Groundhog who appeared out of no where on Friday and decided to stay for the rest of the year! Well here, let me just SHOW you our week!

We are asking good questions when we read!

That Bossy R needs lots of practice!
 The kids love highlighters!
Great for isolating our hunk and chunks!

 Read to Someone

We started timed tests this month...Oh boy! 
 Look at that concentration!

Pauly the Penguin brought us some great non-fiction texts
and contraction games for us to play!

 Great freebie by Linda Nelson
 Linda, my kids LOVED this game!  
Thank you!
 The following Penguin Contractions sort was a gracious freebie from Fun and Fearless in First.
My little Jacob says, "Ms. Marciniak, HIGH FIVE for this awesome game!"  

Windows on Winter Project!



 Another great freebie from Rowdy in First Grade-
My kids LOVE all things DICE!
Say hello to our new Classroom Critter,
Grady the Groundhog!
We experimented with light and shadows and played some awesome games on Scholastic's Interactive website!  (Did I mention how much the kids and I love that!)
The kids all wished that Grady would NOT see his shadow..
I'm sure tomorrow will be buzzing with excitement for an early spring!

Now I am off to empty my HUGE cart on TPT!
Can't miss the incredible sales!
Happy Shopping everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week in your class! I love your new blog design by the way......super cute. I am headed to TpT again too. I already made some purchases but I'm going back for round 2 :)

    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda! I am very much in love with my new blog makeover!!! Round 2? Oh, Don't tempt me... I just checked out and then found MORE! I am trying to stay UNDER my budgeted amount!!! Happy Shopping!

      Delete
  2. Your week looked so fun! I haven't checked out at TPT yet. I put everything in my cart this morning. Now I'm giving myself "think" time. I could really spend a lot of my paycheck on TPT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      Thank you so much for stopping by!
      I hope you were able to get everything on your wish list from TPT...I may have overdone it a bit, but Super Bowl Sunday sales are only once a year!
      Julie

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great week! Thanks for sharing...(and I always love to see what art projects you and your kids are up to.)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! I love that you keep up with the art projects! I am working on a special Valentine's Day project that I am sure you will like!
      Have a great evening!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover