Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bunny Job Application freebie and a Peek at My Week!

This peek at my week is not Deedee style (insert sad face here) and that is due to a snow day last week moving things into this week. Instead of indulging in my fancy lesson plans, I am submersed in chaos! 3rd quarter grade cards go home in 4 days.  Which means, rummaging through STAR reports, DRA's, and weekly grades that have culminated into a minor headache for me....  Thank the lord we only have to this 4 times a year.  If it was 5, I would retire and take up golf with Chris! 
At the moment, I am drafting grade card comments. 
I make a separate sheet for comments that accompany the grade card.  These babies take me roughly 2 hours to write.  Grueling and I don't particularly rate it high on my "favorites" list, but I do believe it is a strong connection to the parents.  So needless to say, my weekend was stolen by the grade card caper.  If you are interested in the comments template I have created, shoot me an email and I will forward it to you!

This is our last week before spring break and its shortened with having Thursday as our last day. So for lesson plans, let me show you a few Eastery, Springy fab-finds that I am doing this week!  First up,

Brittany's Easter Compound Chop will be a huge hit with the kiddos!

The adorably fabulous Sarah Paul has this fantastic "Egg"-cellent Inferences pack-


 How lucky was I to win this yummy Marshmallow Bunny Fact Family Center from Kidsrcute!

Mrs. Leeby shared her awesome freebie, "Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Basket"

The very creative and talented ReaganTunstall has given a whole new meaning to the plastic egg!  I just bought 3 packs of eggs and can't wait to share this with the kids!  Word Work time will be EXTREMELY popular this week!  
 

And if you happen to be reading The Easter Bunny's Assistant,
The Easter Bunny's Assistant
the very eager Julie Marciniak (me) has created a little fab freebie just for you!
How would your kids like to apply for the Easter Bunny's Assistant position? 
Sounds like too much fun, don't you think?!
After all applications have been recorded "on file" yours truly will have a secret meeting with the big furry rabbit after school and decide who is a "good fit" for the job.  The winning applicant or applicants get to wear bunny ears and a special furry badge on Thursday!
If you are interested, click on the image below
and don't forget a little TPT feedback!

So that's the plans for the week!  Woo-Hoo!  
T-Minus 4 days and counting...
Spring Break, can't wait for you to take me away!!!

8 comments:

  1. I just got this book through a Scholastic book order last week. Thank you for the freebie to use with the book! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Spring Break is almost here!! We probably should have been working on report cards, but we have a workday on Thursday, so we are going to see if we can get them done then. We love the job application! We just got that book too! It will be fun to use with the kiddos! Hope you have a good and short week!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the freebie!! :) I am ordering that book from scholastic. Thanks for all the great Easter ideas. Have a great week!!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie we love Reagan's eggs. They are the greatest ideas and our kiddos love em. Love the job app too-so clever! Thanks for all the great resources in one place!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun week! I hope you've got some wonderful plans for spring break. You deserve it after report cards. (Not my favorite thing to do!)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Report cards take so long! It will feel so good when you get them all completed. Good luck!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I LOVE this freebie! Thank you so much for creating and sharing with us! I will definitely be using this with my students and they will LOVE it! Great work :)
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets
    PS. Thank you for the shout-out again! It's so fun to see my stuff being used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the thank you :) and the shout-out too Julie! Have a fantastic spring break!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover