Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First Grade CCSS ELA Pacing Guide

WOWZA friends!  After a nail-biting day of professional development with my first grade teammates from across the district, I felt I needed some restructuring in the Common Core department.  Our grade-level has been struggling with "un-packing" the ELA standards in more efficient way.  Last year, we created a document that was more than 50 pages... Of just the ELA strands!  YIKES!  It is the most UN-user friendly document I have in my possession!  One of our beloved veterans on the team, Miriam, was looking for something more effective for us to use, so tonight, I think I am going to make her happy! I found an edible template, free from a Google Search, and I added all my materials and assessments in.
This is still a work in progress but 9 pages is much more DOable than 52.
I would love your feedback and suggestions.  I have a feeling I may be leaving something out...  This is a word document so I apologize I have no JPegs for better images.
Please feel free to click here or on the image below 
to download the document.
What types of Pacing Guides are you using?
I would love to hear about them!
Happy Hump Day!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Fantastic document! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This document is amazing. Very user friendly. We are just in the process of making the switch to common core so our old pacing guide is based off our reading series.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please give your team a HUG from CA! You are helping us tremendously! There is no need for EVERYONE to reinvent the wheel! Maybe we need a LINKY this summer for ALL who are preparing pacing guides for Common Core?! WOW! THANKS AGAIN! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com
    1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are up to the same thing in my district and this is definitely going to help crosscheck and get some new ideas for resources! Thanks for sharing!
    -Liz
    Love, Live, and Teach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely be taking a look at this. I'm looking forward to printing it off and spending some time with it when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, you are wonderful. Thank you for sharing what so many of us need.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your husband is safe and sound. Wonderfully answered prayers!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and the great list of resources my team thanks you!

    Sammy

    Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  9. Printed it again! Lost my first copy and time to cross check our quarter skills sheet we created. Thanks again!!!!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover