Saturday, May 4, 2013

5-a-licious! Don't miss it!

My 5-A-Licious on Saturday! 
 What a snazzy new trademark!  
(Since I just can't get everything done on Friday.)
#1
One of the most fabulous art projects I do before the end of the year is inspired by a Deep Space Sparkle project I found several years ago.  Picasso is well represented throughout my home....And his inspiration spills out into the classroom too!
Materials:
CRAYOLA crayons (Rose Art and generic will smear in the laminator)
11x17 artist white drawing paper
12x18 black construction paper for framing
 We sketched the face, step by step, with pencil first.
 The kids shaded for over an hour and a half. 
 Takes awhile and could be done over 2 days if needed.














#2
I was invited by my dear friend Kelly, over at First Grade Fairytales, to guest author for her while she is away for a long R & R weekend.  After reading here, be sure to stop by or click on her image to check out the blog post!

First Grade Fairytales

#3
We have a new Critter at our Reading CAFE this week...
Ellie, the Elements Elephant.
She is helping us find story elements and discover specific character traits in new stories.
We also reviewed text features with our critter Feature Flamingo and went searching for new information on Birds!


#4  Smelly-Good Earthy Art
My kids LOVED, and I mean LOVED the shaving cream and paint inspired project by Tamara C. and her son Colton.









#5
Earthly Treasures and Warmer Weather...
I was tickled pink this week with temperatures of 70 degrees and sunshine galore!
 Mr. Red Bull is back this year!  This squirrel is on something....  He gets so wired, that he tries crawling into the downspouts like he is going on a tunnel expedition. Then, he sees me, and gives me this cheesy-grin for the camera....  What a smart @#$.  

 This is a pride and joy of mine...  A three year old Magnolia tree...  It was just a dying limb, and I mean deathly dull and just a scrap that a local box store was just going to throw away.  I asked if I could have it, and they didn't charge me for it.. Probably thought I was crazy.  Brought it home, got her in the ground and I have been loving her ever since.  She is now 4 feet tall and saying hello for the first time this season!
Here's to us, and sunshine, and all the happiness that a warmer springtime brings!
Don't forget to link up your fab five with Doodle Bugs Teaching!  
fiveforfriday

xoxo,

10 comments:

  1. All your art looks great! I love that not a one looks the same. That's the way classroom art should be. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love the Picasso art! Might have to do this with my Littles!
    ~Christy
    Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the Blog by Grade link up--adorable blog!

    Ms. Cranfill's Class is Having a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading this post! So many great things about it... Love the Picasso masterpieces your kids created--I do believe I will have the kids do this as our last artist study for the year. :0) I also will pack the earth idea away for next year! I bet the kids love the characters who teach them about important aspects of reading! Ellie and the Flamingo are really smart! Thanks for stopping over to my blog, as I had not discovered your blog yet--I'll be back to read future posts! I am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your little artists!!! Your earth project is too cool!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Picasso's make the walls look very bright! The kids did a really great job!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    Oh my goodness I love it all but I have to say the squirrel commentary made me laugh out loud. I don't know why I didn't think about it before but I just added you to our blog roll.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I say that your art projects are always amazing??

    What packet did you get those non fiction posters from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by.
    Your students' artwork is fantastic! Awesome ideas, thanks for sharing.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover