Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting Acquainted for May 20

What a GLORIOUS day today!  Toledo, Ohio reached 93 degrees and the sunshine is pouring into the windows, even at 7 pm! 
Bring on SUMMER!!!
 I am so excited to join Mrs. Reed for this week's Let's Get Acquainted Party.  
The Topic:  Meet 2 of my Blogging Buddies!
Gosh, that is a toughie.
I want to name drop everyone!  
Perhaps I will start with Kelli over at
Castles and Crayons
I started following her last summer and fell in love with her Roll and Read Fluency materials on TPT!  She has great Daily 5 tips tabbed at the top of her blog and she just recently started a new blogging venture~
Be sure to check it out!

And speaking of castles....
Have you met this sweet gal pal?

Kelly and I have had many late night venting sessions this year and without her, I would be mess.  Thank you my sweet friend for being so dear!

Tamara and Sarah, 
First Grade Buddies
your collaboration this year is very heartfelt! I appreciate all your comments and helpful suggestions!  You girls are AWESOME!

Then there is the sweet Meghan, 
from First Grade with a Cherry on Top.

Meghan was honored last week for being Teacher of the Year!
How stinkin awesome is that?!?
She also just finished her National Board Certification too!
She is so dedicated and I am thrilled that she was recognized for all her hard work! She would love to meet you!

Next, I have a new first grade friend, Alisha, from
First Grade Follies
I am so excited to see that she lives right here in the Buckeye State with me!  Her blog is absolutely adorable and she would love to have you stop by and say hi.
I am also very excited to announce that Alisha is the winner of my giveaway!
HOORAY!!!
She has won herself an autographed copy of "Hidden Ohio" by Julie Rubini.
I would love to get all of our Ohio Bloggers (and surrounding areas) together over summer break for a meet up!
If your interested, please let me know! 
That's all for now friends!
Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. If your meetup coincides with my trip home, I would love to join in!

    Crystal Shepherd
    lucytumnus@gmail.com
    The lamppost in 1st grade math

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Summer has come to town early! We were in the 80's today with 100% humidity! Yuck! Thanks for sharing your bloggy friends! I love Kelli's roll and read activities too! Have a great week!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Doing a happy dance right now! You are too sweet! Thank you for your kind words! I would LOVE to meet up with some fellow Ohio-bloggers! I'm in Cambridge(intersection of I-70 & 77). I went to school at BGSU though, so I've spent some time in your neck of the woods, too.

    We had field day today and it was supposed to be a lot hotter than it was- thank goodness! The clouds stayed overhead & made it a pretty great day! How many days do you have left? We're down to 3- I can hardly stand it!

    Again, thank you so much!

    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, I love you to pieces! Thank you so much for mentioning me on your blog. So excited that I'm back to full time blogging again now that boards is over. Thanks again!

    Meghan
    First Grade with a Cherry on Top

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Julie, for including us! We are so proud! It's been great getting to see your classroom and all the neat things you do with your kiddos! You have a great end of the school year (if it hasn't ended already!)!
    Tamra and Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover