Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Substitute Teaching Binder

This year, I have had a ton of Professional Development days including quarterly district grade-level team meetings.
Today is our final meeting of the year, which means sub plans one last time.  Yuck. Are you feeling me on this one?  I dread sub plans, mainly because I am so O.C.D. that it takes me an hour to type up plans for any sub I have... My goal for next year?  Getter' done in 30 minutes or less! 
I thought I would take just a quick moment to share a glimpse of my substitute teaching binder with you!
The file folder seating chart was shared in a variety of formats on Pinterest.  I really liked the idea of movable Post-it's 
so I made one for my sub too!  
Inside of binder:
Tabs to cover all my OCD areas:
If you would like to see the entire PDF that I have created for this year's sub binder, click HERE.  If you like to see the bus list, click HERE.  I completely forgot my flash drive in the computer at school (which has today's lesson plans for the sub on it) so please check back tomorrow and you will be able to click HERE to see that outline as well!
Hope you find this useful and if there is something that you love about YOUR sub plans, please leave a comment!  I am always looking for fresh, new ideas that work well!  Or, if you can help me reduce my O.C.D. sub habits, I would love to hear from you too!
xoxo,

9 comments:

  1. Wow...you are super organized. Don't you hate that it is easier to go in sick than type up plans?! Thanks for sharing yours... I need to work on that for next year!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First
    kheiladunkerly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sub tub with a ton of things for the sub to do! My biggest fear is they don't have anything to do! On top of the daily work I have like 20 extra things for the sub! Your sub stuff is so organized! LOVE IT!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an absolute pain to be gone. I feel for you. You're very organized though, so that sure helps and I know subs love that!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how organized this is...you are a GEM to share. Love you, girl!
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally OCD about sub plans, too! Thanks for sharing... I think I'll add MORE to my sub binder for next year!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie! I am doing a major catch-up of blog reading and am pinning a bunch of your posts! I love the idea of using a post-it note seating arrangement- brilliant! I also loved your parent helper gifts and end of the year class photo! I have an OCD sub binder too :) Hope to meet up with you at some point this summer!!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post and is totally helping me get my own sub tub organized.

    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the best sub planning post I've come across! You're amazing for sharing all your hard work! It's so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there I am trying to find your outline, where can I find it? Did you get to post it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover