Friday, June 21, 2013

Say YES to the Dress!!!

I had the most incredible afternoon with my mom on Tuesday!  We scheduled my very first bridal gown extravaganza at Belle Amour Bridal in downtown Toledo.

I thought to celebrate this 5 for Friday, 
fiveforfriday
I would link up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching and share 5 of the dresses that had me smiling a ton!  
I actually tried all 16 of these dresses on! 
Then My Mom and I narrowed it down to 5.
Dress #1 was A line and quaint.....
 Dress #2 More lace... Less shoulder straps.....
 Dress #3 was strapless and lacy....
LOVED the belt-bling on this one!
 Same dress with "The Gaspy" veil.....
Pretty awesome!
  Sorry for the red eyes on this next one! My iPhone takes awful pics AND my contacts ALWAYS give me red-eye photos and photoshop was NOT cooperating tonight!  Dress #4 was absolutely AMAZING!  Shelled top with the most incredible beading and bling for a belt.  The frills went on for miles, but man, was it heavy.  
 Dress #5 is my favorite of this bunch!
Satin and frills.... very elegant!
 You can see how happy it made me feel wearing it!  
Just a knock-out gorgeous dress!
 Now, because I went into this special day knowing there are a ton of other dresses out there, I wanted to have an open heart and positive attitude about SEEING the right dress the first time.  And I did.  IT WORKED!  I saw it.  Then my mom starting crying as I put the gown on....
It was THAT tender moment, that you share with your mom... 
A once in a lifetime moment that I will cherish forever!  
 Friends, 
We found the ONE.  
It is magnificent and from the moment I tried it on, I lit up like a Christmas tree and felt like Cinderella at the ball...  
This dress is the most exquisite gown I could ever dream of having...  And its being shipped to me as we speak!  I am truly the luckiest girl in the world!
I can't wait.  
11 months to go... 
 11 more months before my mother will let me show you any pictures of The ONE!  
But just for fun, I would love to hear which of these 5 dresses you like the best!
xoxoxo, 
Special Thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching for letting me spread the word of my very special 5 for Friday, Say YES to the Dress edition!  

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I've been so excited to read about your dress shopping...First of all, YOU look beautiful in all the dresses, and those are some amazing choices! If I had to pick out of this bunch, I would go with dress #3 - the picture of you in it with the veil is just gorgeous. :) 11 months to go!!!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful! But I love you in #3. My hubby and I just had our 9th anniversary, but reading your post brought me back to when I was planning. So fun... Enjoy the ride!
    Meghan

    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are going to celebrate our 26th Anniversary July 12th!Congratulations on sharing that magical moment with your Mom. Priceless!
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pics. You're stunning in them all, and I'm so happy for you that you found the one.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I am so happy for you. FInding the perfect dress is priceless. I LOVED dress #5 above. I'm glad you are waiting to show us your perfect dress, but I'm also going to have a hard time waiting! Happy weekend!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again, Julie! You look stunning in all of the dresses! Can't wait until you reveal THE ONE! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post!!! I am going to live vicariously through you for the next 11 months. Planning my wedding was the most AMAZING time of my life. I loved every aspect of it. Can you believe I saw a picture of my dress in a magazine, but could not find a single dress shop in 3 states that had one to try on. I took a leap of faith and ordered it anyway without every trying it on. It was MY ONE. You look beautiful in every dress, but I think 5 was my fave. Can't wait to see the real one!
    ~Danielle
    My First Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. Before you know it the big day will be here & gone. It goes by so fast, even with that said, I had an amazing time at my wedding...so much fun. I love dress #3 on you. It looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the one you went with.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie! Keep him off your blog! I want to see the ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of them and you look amazing. Number 1 and 3 are my fave. How fun and I am excited for you. 11 months will fly by, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover