Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Workroom Clean Up: Part 1

Tonight, I am so excited to link up with Ladybug's Teacher Files Organizational Linky.  Kristen has got it GOING ON!  She is so brilliant with organization and has some amazing tips for teachers so be sure to stop on over and give her shout after your visit with me!
I know many of my teaching friends do not have much space for storage.  I am definitely BLESSED to have a newer building that provides ample storage space for the teachers.  My workroom is my special little hiding place... No kids. Just me and the adult helpers usually go in there for supplies when needed.  Sometime after Christmas, the workroom got a bit dicey and   it was always the last thing on my list to clean up.  Then, the fire marshal shows up, unannounced, and gave me a ticket.  That's right folks. My name is Julie, I am a first grade teacher and I was sited by the local authorities for having too much stuff.
"But officer, sir... What is this poor teacher to do after 11 years of stock-piling resources?"
He made the smart choice and did NOT answer that rhetorical question.  Grrrrrrrr.
But one thing is for sure.
It definitely needs some summer cleaning.
To give you a virtual walk through, I made a fun little video of the workroom BEFORE the organization happens.
Take a peek....if you dare!
Next week, I will link up again and share my workroom makeover PART 2 with you to share my makeover results! 
Until then,
be safe, 
and make sure your materials are exactly 18 inches away from the ceiling.
xoxo,

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!! My classroomis a shoebox with a small closet and 30 1st graders! I would love to have your space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that a workroom was anything other than the great big room that all the teachers share. Your space is AMAZING!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! You have a workroom? Wow. I didn't know such a thing even existed separate from the big one all the teachers use. The world "spoiled" comes to mind. (big smile)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amaze at your workroom!! We have 1 workroom for 12 teachers and we are probably going to lose that to make an office. I am impressed by how organized you are. I LOVE the ziplock bag idea. I am going to have to try it! One question - when you receive a citation - is there a fine? I am not complaining, but in 11 years, I have never seen our fire marshall. I probably just jinxed myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover