Monday, September 2, 2013

Peek at My Week for Sept. 2

It's time for a Peek at My Week!
I am so excited to be linking up with Mrs. Deedee Wills and sharing my week with you!  
Last year, I created some really fun and flashy lesson plans that I shared online.  Well over the summer, I splurged and bought an Erin Condren planner for this year!
Considering we are heading towards all things Common Core, I wanted this year's plans to have a special place.  The planner is a great home for my plans.  Any evaluator would be able to pick it up and find everything easily.   I liked that.
I will say that I was a bit nervous to write in it....My leftie writing tends to get illegible after a long day so how lucky was I to stumble upon First Grade Brain's remedy to my problem!  That sweet Ashley has created a FREE working template that you can type in your weekly plans, print, cut, and paste into your pretty EC planners and it looks....in a word......
FABULOUS! 
 Let's give that girl a 10-finger WOOHOO!!!!

I started by typing in my plans to the template. 
 Click here to view the PDF.

Then, I cut out each square, added a little glue, and aligned it in planner.



Presto!
I think the new look is very professional and organized.  I am sure my principal will like it too once we start the evaluation process.

Some of the fantastic teacher resources I used this week for planning are HUGE treasures in my first grade planning chest! The kids L.O.V.E. them!

Making Words by Lisa Richling
Sight Word Poetry
Sight Word Poetry Pages
Phonics Poetry
Phonics Poetry Pages

Word Family Poetry Pages

Phonics Poems Flip Charts with music CD's
Word Family Sing-Along Flip Chart & CD
Happy Labor Day!
Have a great week!
xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. I love your planner! I've struggled just doing mine on the computer and putting the plan in a binder. It just doesn't satisfy me and there's never enough room. Thank you for sharing! I was wondering if you could tell more about "think outside of the box" ? It sounds great and that is one of my themes this year I'd love to hear more. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover