Sunday, September 15, 2013

Peek at my Week: September 16

Sunday is my rest-relaxation-and plan day!
I love planning in first grade.
There is so much fun stuff to do...
It's hard to pick and choose sometimes!

I have updated my daily schedule for this year,
and I plan on making a copy for the kids too!
This will definitely help me stay on target in a timely fashion!
My district does not have a very long school day so every minute counts!
Click on the image above to download the pdf in google drive.

Click on the lesson plan images to download from google drive.

Using the Orton-Gillingham scope and sequence,
we are moving into short a.
Our word families this week will include (an) and (ad).

Friday we celebrate the life of Johnny Appleseed!  
Perfect way to introduce "Historical Fiction" in a kid friendly way! 
Johnny was also an amazing citizen so I plan on making lots of connections with that too!

Below is the weekly homework sheet I send home for the parents.
All of the reading homework goes home on Monday and is due back the following Monday.
Click on the image to download from google drive.


The weekly fluency poems are apart of Tim Rasinski's 
I have been using this for about 9 years and LOVE it!

to build fluency with all first grade comprehension strategies.
Week-by-Week Homework for Building Reading Comprehension & Fluency: Grade 1

Weekly Spelling is important too!
Week–by–Week Homework Packets: Spelling: Grade 1
If you  missed my video on how I prepare and plan my weekly spelling, click here to watch the video.

Thank you Mrs. Wills for hosting!
I hope more of you will join me and link up to share your weekly plans for the week!  It is such a helpful way to share what we are doing in our classrooms!
Have a great week!
xoxo,

2 comments:

  1. Julie--You continue to inspire me! I love the way you handle homework! Just yesterday I got out that reading comp book and decided to start homework. I must be channeling you...
    Happy resting day.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover