Friday, November 29, 2013

Gobble, Gobble! 5 for Friday Style!

GOBBLE, GOBBLE!
Hope your bellies are full and your shopping lists are long!
Monday and Tuesday were a blur, but here is a quick peek at 
our 2-day week!
We made these fun number sense turkeys and the kids just gobbled it right up!
Poetry is a daily favorite in Room 102!
My beautiful firstie friend, Jennifer Tice shared her new creation with me and it is awesome!
Check out Jennifer's Poem a Week series here.
Of course we had some Fancy Nancy fun with Tuning in to Interesting Words!
The kids adored Lisa Mattes Turkey Day Syllables activity.
Then, we had to put ourselves in the Turkey's shoes and think about how we could convince the Farmer NOT to eat us on Thanksgiving!




One very cute idea I found from Education.com
was the Thanksgiving Plate.
The kids had alot of fun with these!



This sweet firstie performed in the Talent Show this week and ROCKED the house! She has DEFINITELY got talent!
Before packing up and leaving,
I sent the kids home with a little love....
   
Celebrating Black Friday with a Sale!

Just click on the image above to get your shopping started!
Amanda Pauley, author of "Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten" reached out last week and put together an amazing donation called "Teachers Helping Tornado Victims."  
Teacher Pay Teachers will be running the Bundles from 
December 1 through December 31.  The TPT sales page will be available on those days only.  Please find it in your hearts to donate to this relief fund for the Illinois tornado victims.  The bundles include some AMAZING teaching products from our favorite teachers!

I saved the best for last.
I received this via school-mail on Tuesday.
A letter from my sweet Aubrey, who is now in eighth grade.
Tears were FLOWING and I could barely finish-
I can think of no greater gift in teaching then the reward of receiving a letter like this.  I am so proud of her and so honored that she remembers me in such a significant way.
And just so you know,
the wooden frog banner that she gave me for 
Christmas eight years ago,
IS STILL HANGING on my wall!
I PUFFY HEART teaching!
xoxoxoxo,


Special Thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting today's Five for Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What a great recap. That is a very special letter, one to tuck away and read every so often.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyce, that letter means so much to me! Definitely a KEEPER!!!

      Delete

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover