Friday, December 13, 2013

A Gingilicious-Elf-Packed Week on this 5 for Friday!

HAPPY FRIDAY my fabulous friends!
 Today's post is JAMMED PACKED with holiday goodness so I thought it would be the perfect time to join Doodle Bugs Teaching and share my week with you...Five for Friday Style!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-for-friday-linky-party-december.html

Our newest CAFE strategy is Inferring so Iggy the Inferring Iguana made an appearance to assist us with our new learning!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Beanie-Baby-Reading-Strategy-Posters-for-the-Common-Core-Classroom-277957
I also used some fabulous Mo Willems texts as read alouds for each inferring lesson this week!
A great INFERRING find on TPT is this!
Can't wait to use it next week!
Unwrap an Inference! A Great Gift Mix-up activity for Christmas!
One special act of kindness we participated in was designing ornaments for children receiving cancer treatment at one of the local hospitals. 
We filled bulbs with red and white paint,
shook them up,
and presto!
Gorgeous Holiday Ornaments to brighten a child's day!

  Another random act of awesomeness this week was teaming up with my sweet blogging friend Alyce and her first grade class.
 My kids were totally excited when I explained what a "pen pal" was and how cool it was going to be to have a new friend all the way from Kansas!
 Mrs. Bartel's School Family



Deck the Halls indeed!

We were busy little artists making ornaments, and glitter bulbs to brighten our hallways!
I love making a Gingerbread house every year, and this year, I had no clue what to do with it......
Until I found this amazing craftivity called "Gingerbread Similes."
After introducing the concept of similes and making an anchor chart,
I let the kids decide a favorite simile to write on the belly of their gingerbread.

Then they glued on the belly and colored their gingies!












Woo Hoo!  Now the Gingerbread house has a purpose!
I simply adore how quick the kids caught on to this new learning!

Special Delivery!



After unwrapping our present, we read the story and quickly remembered that our new class Elf needed a name.
Please welcome CHARLIE, the Elf to Room 102!
The next day, the kids walked in to see Charlie and Pete reading a favorite Christmas story together!



The following day,
Charlie was chillaxin' in a bubble bath and somehow, Iggy the Inferring Iguana hopped in too!
Today, we found Charlie playing a game of ELF! with Lizard, the Word Wizard!




http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/2013/12/elf-in-classroom-linky-week-1.html
Mel D. and Michelle are hosting this weekly ELF extravaganza so be sure to link up and share your favorite ELF moments!
Oh, be sure to click on the image below to grab Mel D.'s fabulous freebie!  I have several of these posters hanging all over my door!
Classroom Elf Sign (Freebie)
 Before I go, I wanted to share some absolutely fantastic teacher resources that my favorite firstie friends have shared with me this month!  I am using ALL of these materials throughout the month of December and I can't begin to tell you how much my kids LOVE these new activities!  These TPT products get an A+ from this teacher!  Click on any of the images below to read more on these awesome holiday consumables!

You've Been Elfed: Elf Themed Math, Literacy, Science, Art

 You Have Been Elf'd {elf freebie with tags & stamps to pro

Holidays / Christmas Around the World Unit and Mini Books

A Merry Pack of December Printables! Math and ELA

Sum It Up Santa! - A Christmas Math & Literacy Freebie

Trip to the North Pole Math Centers

Gingerbread Math Centers - Common Core Aligned

Gingerbread Goodies: Literacy Activities


How to Catch the Gingerbread Man: A Differentiated Writing

Gingerbread Adventures: A Literacy Extravaganza (CCSS Aligned)

Gingerbread Literacy Unit: Ready to Go Printables and Hand

Only 12 days till Christmas!  HOORAY!
TGIF!
xoxo,

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - your gingerbread men are great and I love your elf...ours has been up to no good as well. :o)
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Cafe pack! Such a great idea, I cannot wait to purchase and start using! I also love your elf pictures, my students are having so much fun with our elf as well!
    Miss Crafty Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ornaments! And the gingerbread--great, just like last year!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover