Sunday, May 4, 2014

Five for Friday

What a gorgeous weekend!
I hope you are enjoying every minute of it!
I am excited to steal a few minutes away from yard work to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a little weekly share time!

Earth Day has turned into Earth MONTH in my classroom!
Our Taking Care of Mother Earth studies have continued and we found a Reader's Theater Play that we have started rehearsing!  It's called, "The Tree That Could Talk"  
First, students signed up for a character role:
Then we got into groups and had our first round of rehearsal practice!

We put our own "thumbprints" on these Earth Day trees to make them very unique!


We wrote several narrative and informational essays to persuade others to take care of Mother Earth!

We created our own unique EARTHS with watercolors!
Then we pledged and promised to take care of the Earth every day!



The Earth Day Pledge is just one of many fabulous Earth Day activities in my sweet friend Christina's TPT unit-
Earth Day Writing Pack & Mini Unit {With QR Codes!}


Speaking of friendly Earth Day literature-
"The Robot and the Bluebird" was an incredibly touching story of a unique friendship between two unlikely creatures....My kids absolutely ADORED this story and they were more than excited to follow it up with a journal entry.








Found a Fabulous Freebie today! 
 If you need something awesome for INSECTS
click here or on the image below to grab it!
  http://aclassycollaboration.blogspot.com/2014/05/fabulous-freebie-find-on-insects.html



My bachelorette party was absolutely AMAZING!  Had the most incredible night with my girls!

 The next day, my family & close friends
 hosted the most elegant bridal shower I have ever seen!
From the tiny details, to the delicious food-
 
 Everything was perfect!

My aunt even had a replica of my wedding dress made from tiny little cupcakes!  

There was even a surprise delivery that day!  Two of my blogging sweeties, Lisa Mattes and Sarah Paul, sent me a very special gift!  What was even more touching, is that even though we have never met in person yet, they were so thoughtful to remember me on such a special day in my life!  I love you girls so much!  Thank you so much for your wedding wishes!  The big day is just weeks away now!  I feel like a whole new chapter is starting in my life and I already feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments add a sparkle to my day!
I love responding to you via email.
Thank you so much for stopping by the First Grade Critter Cafe'!

Pin It button on image hover