Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day, Conferences, & Freebies!

Happy Veteran's Day!
Room 102 was humming along today and I just wanted to share the fun with you!
As many of you know, our school has a weekly subscription to Scholastic Weekly Reader. My kids LOVE reading these magazines!
We took some key vocabulary mentioned from the text and SORTED the words by Nouns, Proper Nouns, Adjectives, and Verbs!
Then we got busy writing to our Heroes!
I whipped up this solider a few years back and decided it was time to make more this year!
I can't say no to all this fun!
Then we hung up our soliders in the main hallway just in time for our Veteran's Day Assembly in the Gym. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzkxo8tUF5WJUjhzVWJ1dmJySzQ/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzkxo8tUF5WJT0ZNdFJmbjFYS1k/view?usp=sharing
Writing paper source click here.
For my solider template, click here.

We also just finished parent teacher conferences and I was so excited to have such a great turnout this year.
Most years, this conferring table was PACKED with forms and stacks of take-home materials for parents.
This year, I decided to CLEAR the slate and keep it simple.
Just the important stuff this time around.

Before parents arrived, I distributed all the stacks of goodies & materials to each student's desk.
I know it looks like a hot mess now....
But then I neatly put all the materials inside of these jumbo folders,

Office Impressions Kraft Clasp Envelopes, 10" x 13", Box of 100 
 and stapled this fun page to the front!
Every parent went home with a snazzy envelope filled with goodies.
I also set up two fun stations out in the hallway.
The first station was for parents.
I absolutely LOVED opening my lunch box at school and finding a note from mom or dad.   Along the same lines, getting a note from mom or dad the day after conferences is quite the thrill!

The second station was just for kids.  Older siblings, younger siblings, that needed something to stay busy with until the conference was done!
Interested in the hallway signs? 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzkxo8tUF5WJT0ZNdFJmbjFYS1k/view?usp=sharing
 Click here or on the image above.

Well, that's all for now friends.
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! Love the things you do and thanks for the ideas. Have a great day!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover