Saturday, March 7, 2015

Right to Read Week: A Seusstastic Celebration!

It has been a SEUSSTASTIC  week in Room 102! 
Our phonics focus the last two weeks was on the LONG Vowel U.
We also had fun sorting long & short vowels.
A new CAFE Critter came for a visit this week!
Purpose Pig is teaching us how to determine the author's purpose.
It's as EASY as PIE!
We are using these awesome comprehension stories by Mrs. K Teaches to "determine" which part of the "PIE" it fits into....
We discovered that just about ALL of Dr. Seuss' stories fit under the PIE category "Entertain."  Look at all these Seussy stories we read this week!



Of course we added some fantastic Artwork to go along with our studies!  My extremely-talented firstie friend, Jennifer White just posted about her Directed Drawing of Cat in the Hat.  Here was my try at that!




Would you look at these cats!!!
Absolutely AWESOME!!!








Take a look at my sweet little Seuss friends!
Jennifer White also created the templates for the Thing 1 & 2 hats!
Click here to grab her freebie!  Jennifer, if your reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my Seuss Week so fun!

Can you believe it?!
We even won a special award and prize for having TONS of Seuss Spirit this week!
I was so excited I had one of my kiddos take my picture too!!!!

We puffy heart Read to Self time!!!



Our principal even stopped down and read to the kids too!
You can tell we had an extremely fabulous week!
Hats off to Dr. Seuss!
Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun time!! Thank you for being so sweet and sharing!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Our week was interrupted by more snow, but I think we're just going to pick up where we left off and finish it this week. The kids love it! (Just found you today through Facebook, but will be following through Bloglovin' now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wandering through blogs tonight and saw your Dr. Seuss room and how engaged your students were. I know this is too late for this year, but I did also find some interesting activities, even science, for Dr.. Seuss at http://monthbymonth.scholastic.com/teach.html. So next year I can do purpose and Seuss together.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover